Reflection: Global Scholars Capstone Project




For my Capstone project I chose to teach a fourth grade and a fifth grade class about the Global Water Crisis. I chose to focus on this crisis because my parents grew up in different parts of Africa and were greatly affected by this crisis throughout their childhoods. Because of my family’s personal connection to this global challenge, we participate with Wells Bring Hope, which is an organization that builds wells in areas without clean water in order to help accessibility to water and stop water walks. 

It was such an interesting experience to teach fourth and fifth grade classes, but I thought that it went well! This process was a little stressful as I encountered a lot of problems with my WiFi and was unable to do everything that we had planned like the Kahoot game, so we had to improvise on the spot for fourth grade. As I was teaching science classes, I started the class by explaining some of the properties of water in order to slightly stay on course with their curriculum and then moved to the importance of water and what the water crisis is and finally, ended with some organizations that we can join or look up to help out. Teaching these classes was such an amazing experience. It taught me how to organize a lesson plan and adapt to abrupt changes. 

Comments

Popular Posts